Tuesday, December 30, 2014

New Year = New You ??

I just wanna look like this again.
Maybe it takes the year to change for us to realize we need to kick our bad habits. We both know you should've put down that cig or that can of Copenhagen months ago but who am I to judge? New Year's Resolutions have become some sort of wish list for things we would like to happen but just to fit in we're going to head to the overly crowded gym for the first few weeks then give up and go back to our daily routine. Maybe that will happen to me, but I think typing it up for the world to see helps me stay accountable. Whatever. Anyways, your parents and those older annoying friends of ours were right when they told us that growing up sucks. That you won't be that flexible if you stop stretching and eventually all those late night Taco Bell/Whataburger runs are going to catch up to you. Man... they weren't kidding. Cheering for 15 years had me pretty strong and flexible... and not to mentioned, RIPPED without even trying. Oh the glory days. But since my days now consist of sitting in a chair for 9 hours, working out is really the last thing I want to do when I get back from work. & boyfriend weight.. yeah that's a real thing. All the Mexican food restaurant dates (our favorite) and beer drinking in my year of legality have taken a toll on my little bod. I've known this for awhile but it took last night to light a fire under my un-toned butt.

Yesterday I decided to try Pure Barre. It's an hour long workout class that consists of small movements targeting difficult areas of a woman's body. It was amazing but it finally hit me that I am something I never thought I could be: weak and no longer flexible... and if I don't do something, I'm gonna get
F A T. Lemme tell you something about a 5 foot tall girl... she can get away with a lot of things like wearing shirts as dresses and shopping in the little kid section on occasion but she can not pull of being fat. There's just nowhere for it to go! So anyways, starting now (yeah that's right, I'm hardcore and not waiting til the 1st) I'm going to workout a lot and cut out soda completely. Just go cold turkey with it. This alone is terrifying.. I'm a whiskey girl and let's be honest... whiskey isn't good without some coke or sprite but I have got to make a change.

Eyes on the Prize

Here's some tips if you don't want to go at it alone. FIND A PARTNER. Make your boyfriend go for a run, sign up for group fitness classes, find someone to keep you motivated. & most important: SET UP A GOAL. My friend and I decided that we were going to lose x amount of weight and as soon as we hit that goal... we're buying ourselves a pair of Tory Burch sandals we've been dreaming about for years. We're doin it for the shoes! I will definitely keep yall posted but don't worry I won't turn into one of those fitness gurus (I'm proud of yall but quit bragging, it makes us that don't have time to live at the gym feel even crummier).



Til next time y'all <3

No comments:

Post a Comment