Thursday, October 23, 2014

Girls like Jerks

In our minds Prince Charming exists and man o man is he perfect. We have these checklists in our mind and will never settle unless our man meets every requirement.
  • Looks like Adam Brody (my personal favorite)
  • Manly and strong
  • Has a real job
  • Drives a nice car
  • Wants children
  • Has the perfect family that takes awesome vacays
  • Buys you dinner & drinks
  • Compliments you
  • Wants to take care of you
  • Wants you to never worry about financials
  • College educated
  • Athletic
  • Trusts you
  • Adores you
So when we actually meet a guy that leaves no characteristic blank we find out we're not attracted to him at all. WHY? I'm not sure why... but we just don't. Strong, independent women don't want someone perfect.  I don't need someone to compliment me all the time and want to take care of me. I can take care of myself. I want a man that isn't afraid to challenge me, isn't afraid to call me out when I mess up, and a man that allows me to be the exact woman I am. I don't want a man that wants to be with me all of the time, I want to go out with my friends and then come home to him at night. I don't want a man that doesn't want me to worry about financials. I want a man that is going to assist me in my struggle to climb up the ladder and be able to support myself. So with all these things that I don't want... is it possible I'll even find a counterpart that wants to put up with me? W H O C A R E S. That's not my goal in life. I'm after more than an MRS degree.

It blows my mind that we are willing to overlook the perfect man but is it really fair to want to pursue him based off a checklist? Yes he may have everything our parents want for us but we have to actually like him. It does not make any sense that we can overlook this guy and go for someone that isn't as nice and doesn't have his ducks in a row. But I guess in the end... you have got to follow your heart and we all know how logical that can be. I think that's why I've become anti-emotional towards men, for now atleast. It's never worked out and I'm tired of putting in time, effort, and pieces of my heart into people that don't deserve it. I go on dates, I get to know people... but it's going to take time and a different kind of man to make me care again. Maybe he'll come around with the checklist complete and then tell me that he just wants to love me and on my terms... if only dreams came true ;)

Til next time y'all <3

No comments:

Post a Comment