Thursday, October 2, 2014

Don't Take a Boy to a Concert


"She's addicted to song lyrics that spill out her heart for her"
 
Music, for me at least, is passionate and intimate. The things we listen to regularly define us no matter what you think. The problem, just like most relationships, is that not all significant others share the same passion or "sing the same song" as you do. Opening up your passion and attempting to share it with someone else is not something to be taken lightly.
Here's some #TBT stories for ya.
 
 
Concert 1: John Mayer
John Mayer is my all time favorite artist, not because I think he's super hot, but because he is a lyrical genius and one of the best guitarists out there. Sophomore year of high school I dated a boy, who will not be named, and for my Birthday/Christmas/our one-year Anniversary present (yes all at once) he bought me John Mayer tickets! It was the best present ever & I was so excited. The only problem is that be gave me the tickets in January & the concert wasn't until March. Long story short, he cheated on me with a "good friend" and took her instead. I boycotted Johnny boy for a good year after that because the sound of his amazing guitar and perfectly sexy voice made me want to commit a heinous crime. I let some high school pretty boy get in the way of my passion for analyzing John Mayer lyrics and pretending like I knew what he was thinking. #stillbitter Now I have a John Mayer lyric tattooed on my body & he has a misspelled Bible verse. Who's winning now?
 
 
Goo Goo Dolls @ The Woodlands
Concert 2: Goo Goo Dolls
This story is a tad more recent... I grew up on Goo Goo Dolls. "Black Balloon", "Let Love In", "Slide", and of course "Iris" basically make up my young adulthood soundtrack. I was dating a guy for a short time and just happened to have these tickets laying around, so why wouldn't I take the super awesome, handsome, man I thought I was falling for? (I obviously should've thought this through and taken a girl or something). We had the time of our lives and when the Goo Goo Dolls sang "Name" I actually cried. Yes I may have had some alcohol in my system but there were tears streaming down my face it was so beautiful. Now, I do not speak to so-called awesome, handsome man and everytime I hear "Still Your Song" I'm thinking of his face instead of my childhood. So unfair & he is so unworthy. Listening to Goo Goo Dolls still makes me cringe at my previous endeavor and that is where I beg of you...
Don't take a boy to a concert.

Til next time y'all <3


No comments:

Post a Comment