Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Sleep is for the Weak

As I sit at work sleepy eyed and cranky I've got to ask myself if the late nights of goofing off at frat houses and watching football games I could careless about are really worth it. The answer? OF FREAKING COURSE it's worth it. When are we ever, in our short lives, going to have the energy or freedom to do whatever we so please? Sleep wherever we fall? Drink whatever happens to be on special on a Monday night? Or come home at 4 am with zero responsibly (besides homework & work)? Yes in theory these are all terrible terrible ideas but when I'm sitting around my children telling them stories about my life I do not want to have any regrets. I want them to know that it's okay to play just as hard as you work & yes... mama was a hard worker. As much as I love sleep and would be in my bed 99% of the time if I could... the fear of missing out is a real thing and I do not want to suffer. So stay out late, take lots of pictures, laugh your ass off, and make some freakin memories. Your early 20's don't last forever... make them count.

Til next time y'all <3

No comments:

Post a Comment